calculating a self.value, self.randomnum = normalvariate(x, y)

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Sat Jun 20 13:48:21 EDT 2009

Quoting Steven,
>Truncating with a while loop will result in something closer to this:
> 000: *
> 010: *
> 020: **
> 030: ****
> 040: *******
> 050: *********
> 060: **********
> 070: ********
> 080: *****
> 090: **
> 100: *
>
> which is far less distorted."

That is why I was thinking of a while loop.

> Strictly speaking, you want a different distribution, not normal. Possibly
> the F-distribution?"

Why do you suggest a F dist, I have to admit I am not really sure how "most"
test score are distributed. I was thinking it would be a truncated skewed
normal. i.e. scores range from 0-100, mean is 80. For my I realize this is
venturing more into statistics.

Thanks
Vincent Davis
720-301-3003