KeyboardInterrupt eats my error and then won't be caught

greg greg at
Sun Jun 21 04:21:23 CEST 2009

Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> Best of all, PyErr_CheckSignals() doesn't interfere with a Python- level
> signal handler if one is set.

Ah, I hadn't realised that you were doing this in C
code, and I was trying to think of a Python-level

For C code, the solution you give sounds like a
good one.

My only misgiving is that the user might expect to
get a KeyboardInterrupt in response to Ctrl-C, so
it might be better to just let it propagate instead
of turning it into a different exception.