MemoryError c/vcompiler.h:745: Fatal Python error (Psycopg2)

Luis P. Mendes luislupeXXX at gmailXXX.com
Sun Jun 21 07:51:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a program that uses a lot of resources: memory and cpu but it
never returned this error before with other loads:

"""
MemoryError
c/vcompiler.h:745: Fatal Python error: psyco cannot recover from the
error above
Aborted
"""
The last time I checked physical RAM while the script was running, it was
used in about 75% and there is no reason (based in other runs of the
program) for it to surpass 80% (maximum).

$ python -V
Python 2.5.2

Pyscopg2 is version 2.0.8

I use Linux, Kernel 2.6.24.5-smp #2 SMP
with a Core2 CPU T5500  @ 1.66GHz and 3GB of RAM

I could not find this error.  What does this mean?

Is this a bug of Python? of Psycopg2?

Luis