Status of Python threading support (GIL removal)?

Aahz aahz at
Sun Jun 21 17:59:37 CEST 2009

In article <h1l6m3$3fu$1 at>,
Jeremy Sanders  <jeremy+complangpython at> wrote:
>Jesse Noller wrote:
>> Sorry, you're incorrect. I/O Bound threads do in fact, take advantage
>> of multiple cores.
>I don't know whether anyone else brought this up, but it looks
>like Python has problems with even this form of threading

Most of us have already seen this.  It's a good point, but IME writing
multi-threaded apps for multi-core machines, I think one should be
careful to avoid reading too much into it.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>