Missing c.l.py posts (was Re: A question on scope...)

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Mon Jun 22 05:13:42 EDT 2009

Aahz a écrit :
> In article <4a3b5dc3$0$2985$426a74cc at news.free.fr>,
> Bruno Desthuilliers  <bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>> NB : answering the OP (original post didn't show up on c.l.py ???)
>
> Correct.  There's a problem with the mail->news gateway, I think that
> MIME messages are failing.  I "fixed" the problem for c.l.py.announce by
> making the list reject non-ASCII messages, but I don't think that's an
> option for python-list.

Hu, I see. FWIW, it's not the first time I observe this (posts not
showing up, only answers...), but at least I now know why. Well, I guess
it might be possible to have the gateway "extract" the text part from
MIME messages, but I'm not sure I'd volunteer to work on this... Just
out of curiousity, where can I find more infos on this gateway ?