python needs a tutorial for install and setup on a Mac

aberry aberry at aol.in
Mon Jun 22 08:20:02 EDT 2009

Switching between python version
Lets assume you have python 2.4.x and now you installed 2.5.x.By default
python path will point to 2.4.x. To switch to python 2.5.x, use following
commands...

cd /usr/bin
sudo rm pythonw
sudo ln -s "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/pythonw"
pythonw
sudo rm python
sudo ln -s pythonw python2.5
sudo  ln -s python2.5 python

this worked for me... do let me know if any1 has other way of doing...

Rgds,
aberry