python needs a tutorial for install and setup on a Mac

aberry aberry at
Mon Jun 22 14:20:02 CEST 2009

Switching between python version
Lets assume you have python 2.4.x and now you installed 2.5.x.By default
python path will point to 2.4.x. To switch to python 2.5.x, use following

cd /usr/bin
sudo rm pythonw
sudo ln -s "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/pythonw"
sudo rm python
sudo ln -s pythonw python2.5
sudo  ln -s python2.5 python

this worked for me... do let me know if any1 has other way of doing...