python needs a tutorial for install and setup on a Mac

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Jun 22 09:36:56 EDT 2009

aberry wrote:

> thanks for suggestion...
> what should I put in 'bashrc ' so that I can switch between different
> version.
> as python command will always point to one Python framework (lets either
> 2.4.x or 2.5.x).

if you want to switch, put in there three different lines, and comment that
in that you need.

Or write short bash-functions that replace the path. Not scripts!! They
won't work.

But I think if you want to switch, you are better off using fully qualified
names, such as

python2.5

and link these to your desired versions.

Or start using virtualenvs for everything (as I do), and don't bother as you
simply activate the one you want before using python.

Diez