Open source python projects

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jun 23 04:59:55 EDT 2009

saurabh wrote:
> I am an experienced C programmer and recently dived into python,
> I have developed an instant love for it.
> I have been doing some routine scripting for day to day admin tasks,also
> have done some Tkinter and socket programming using python.
>
> I am looking for some open source python project preferably in one of
> the above areas (not strictly, am open to others too) to contribute.
>
> Please give me any pointers to some python project which needs a
> contributor.

I'm sure there are many projects which could need a helping hand. But
instead of pointing you to a specific project I'd rather recommend that
you contribute to projects you're using for your own daily work. Why?
Because you simply know what's really needed if you deploy a software
yourself.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder