Meta question: disappearing posts (was Re: calculating a self.value, self.randomnum = normalvariate(x, y))

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 24 09:33:48 EDT 2009

In article <h1s5l1$79d$1 at panix3.panix.com>, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>While that's also a bug in Mailman (I have a long-standing to-do item to
>fix that), there are also plenty of posts that simply aren't showing up
>in c.l.py.

Well, the message IDs that Piet van Oostrum gave are symptomatic of
the References header bug and and just like he described, my newsreader
also shows Dennis Lee Bieber always replying to posts that don't exist.
Other messages might be getting eaten by the gateway, but the missing
posts that Piet is complaining about almost certainly never existed.

				Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca