Paramiko Help

Chris Rebert clp2 at
Wed Jun 24 23:05:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Frank Ruiz<frank.ruiz at> wrote:
> Apologies.. Python newb here.. switching from perl to python.. so
> please forgive if this is a dumb question.
> I am using the paramiko module and have some global variables defined.
> i.e.
> hostname = ''
> sshport = '22'

I'm haven't used Paramiko, but I would guess that this should instead be:

sshport = 22

Note that Python does not autoconvert between strings and numbers like
Perl does.

Also, in the future, please give the full error traceback, not just
the final error message, as it's much harder to debug code without it.