alternative to JoinableQueue's please

Filipe Fernandes ffernand.list at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:09:35 EDT 2009

I'm currently using the multiprocessing package and I'm hugely
impressed at its simplicity (thanks very much Jesse Noller).

Although, it seems that there's a bug in JoinableQueue's which renders
using it pointless over a regular Queue as per Issue 4660

http://bugs.python.org/issue4660

To re-iterate... task_done() which is to be called for each get()
throws the exception:

    ValueError: task_done() called too many times

every once in a while.  The reasons for this are outlined by Brian in
the issue above, but no confirmation has been provided.

The reasons for using JoinableQueue I think are obvious.  I want to
block the main processing using queue.join() until the tasks that have
been placed on the queue have been finished by the worker processes.

I can't be the only one experiencing this (besides Brian)... are there
others who ran into this?  Are there work arounds (besides a
home-brewed one) ?

filipe