Regular Expression Non Capturing Grouping Does Not Work.

Miles Kaufmann milesck at
Sat Jun 27 09:46:01 CEST 2009

On Jun 27, 2009, at 3:28 AM, Virtual Buddha wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am having some difficulties with the non-capturing grouping in
> python regular expression module.
> Even the code from the online documentation (
> howto/regex.html#non-capturing-and-named-groups) does not seem to
> work.

Notice that you are calling .group() on the match object instead
of .groups().  Without any arguments, .group() is equivalent
to .group(0), which means "return the entire matching string."