Beginning with Python; the right choice?

Thomas Lehmann Iris-und-Thomas-Lehmann at T-Online.de
Sat Jun 27 07:56:56 EDT 2009

> read and have started to go through them.  I was wondering, as someone
> with virtually no programming experience (I am a photographer by
> trade), is Python the right language for me to try and learn?

Well, I'm a 100% C++ programmer but I like programming python for
prototyping and tools.

The answer on your question depends on your requirements. Some are
saying
that using Java and Swing are the best way to write applications.
But nothing is for free except the most languages you can download and
install. When you have no idea about software development you should
have a look there first. Do you want some little scripting only to get
some jobs easier done - well - you're right to use python.

However - you should be aware of: When you have learned python a while
and
when you will be forced to programm C++, Java or C# you have to start
again!
Check your requirements...