Python and journalism (was Re: Beginning with Python; the right choice?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jun 28 08:38:34 EDT 2009

In article <a3ab950d-5eae-449d-bbfb-9c0d17f4045e at j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
sato.photo at gmail.com <sato.photo at gmail.com> wrote:

>What do I want to learn Python for?
>
>Again, pardon me for my lack of relevant information.  I am also a
>journalist (an out of work one at the moment, like so many others) and
>I feel that learning python could be useful for computer assisted
>reporting, that is, utilizing databases, creating interactive maps and
>the like.

You're absolutely right!  You're also not the first person to have that
realization:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1902202,00.html
http://www.ojr.org/ojr/stories/060605niles/
http://www.medill.northwestern.edu/admissions/page.aspx?id=58645

(Probably you already knew this, but I'm posting for other people.)