Help me plsss...

Harsha Reddy harsha.reddy at
Tue Jun 30 13:45:40 CEST 2009

Hi All,
Environment :-          Solaris
Python Version :-       ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 11 (ActiveState Software
Inc.) based on
                        Python 2.4.3 (#1, Apr  3 2006, 18:34:02) [C] on
Oracle version :-

Below is the library path

Issue :-

We have been recently migrated from 9i to 10g database and also from AIX
to Solaris.

When we were using 9i i can able to import cx_oracle library...

But now iam in Solaris and 10g database and same when iam trying to do
that below is the error iam getting...

newprd$ python
ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 11 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based onPython
2.4.3 (#1, Apr  3 2006, 18:34:02) [C] on sunos5Type "help", "copyright",
"credits" or "license" for more information.

>>> import cx_Oracle
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: python: fatal: open failed: No
such file or directory

Does it mean that cx_oracle library not there (or) if you see the error
it's trying to get 9i libraries fatal:

PLs help meee ...

Phone : +91-80-4187 3075
FXPCA HOTLINE : +91-80-64522431 GCMS & CLS HOTLINE : +91-80-6450 8482
P.S.: Please ensure all your FXPCA queries are CC'd to
fxpca_support at & GCMS related queries are CC'd to
"GCMS_IT_SUPPORT at DMG UK" & CLS related queries are CC'd to CLS_IT_SUPPORT
to get a quicker response in case of my absence

?This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of HCL Technologies"
"Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der HCL Technologies übermittelt"

Please refer to for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.