Using C++ and ctypes together: a vast conspiracy? ;)

A. Cavallo a.cavallo at mailsnare.com
Tue Jun 2 18:58:34 EDT 2009

Mmmm,
not really a conspiracy but it is not that trivial....

In wrapping c++ you might find useful the commands nm with c++filt
although they work under linux there is the same pair for every platform
(under windows I remember there is objdump): they should only you need to wrap
a c++ library.

I've been wrapping in the past c++ using boost and it was trivial although I
haven't tried enough to break it.

swig, in older versions, is really bad: I can't comment on newer versions but
I'd have a look to the generated code before using it.

sip it looks quite difficult to use, but is well maintained.

If you have a moderate control on the library design the ctype is the best
approach IMHO.

Regards,
Antonio