Using C++ and ctypes together: a vast conspiracy? ;)

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Jun 4 16:07:10 EDT 2009

Philip Semanchuk schrieb:

> Hi Thomas,
> We're weighing options for accessing C++ objects via Python. I know of
> SIWG and Boost; are there others that you think deserve consideration?

I haven't used any of them myself.  A common suggestion is SIP,
less known are pybindgen and Robin.  But there may be many more,
and others with more experience might have much more to say about them.
Also there is Roman Yokavenko's pygccxml which has a lot of stuff.

> I've been happy with ctypes in my limited exposure to it and would
> love to find a way to make that work. This thread has been very
> interesting to me.

Unfortunately there is no solution in sight, with ctypes.