Feedparser problem

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jun 4 23:00:26 EDT 2009

In article <89d21aec-5d39-4d1f-91b9-776da3506145 at i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Jonathan Nelson  <iamelgringo at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to add a feedreader element to my django project.  I'm
>using Mark Pilgrim's great feedparser library.  I've used it before
>without any problems.  I'm getting a TypeError I can't figure out.
>I've tried searching google, bing, google groups to no avail.
>
>Here's the dpaste of what I'm trying to do and the result I'm
>getting:
>
>http://dpaste.com/51406/

You're lucky that I felt like taking a look -- that's short enough you
should have just posted it here.  Anyway, that's pretty clearly not a
firewall issue, and the only thing I can think of to figure it out given
the lack of a real traceback is to poke around in the feedparser
internals.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23