Odd closure issue for generators

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 5 00:49:15 EDT 2009

In article <05937a34-5490-4b31-9f07-a319b44ddb09 at r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Michele Simionato  <michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:

>Actually, in Scheme one would have to fight to define
>a list comprehension (more in general loops) working as
>in Python: the natural definition works as the OP wants. See
>http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=3D251156 and the
>comments below for the details.

This URL isn't working for me, gives 500.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23