What text editor is everyone using for Python

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Fri Jun 5 04:29:41 EDT 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>  Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> writes:
>
> > On 6/4/2009 3:19 PM Lawrence D'Oliveiro said...

> > > That's "save-buffers-kill-emacs". If you don't want to save buffers,
> > > the exit sequence is alt-tilde, f, e.
>
>  This is an invocation of the menu system, driven by the keyboard. (Also,
>  it's not Alt+tilde (which would be Alt+Shift+`), it's Alt+` i.e. no
>  Shift.) It's an alternate command, and IMO is just adding confusion to
>  the discussion.

Also, according to my emacs

  e==>Exit Emacs  (C-x C-c)

so Alt-` f e is exactly the same as Ctrl-x Ctrl-c anyway!

If the OP really want to quit emacs without being prompted to save any
buffes then run the 'kill-emacs' command which isn't bound to a key by
default.

You would do this with

  Alt-X kill-emacs <RETURN>

But the fact that it isn't bound to a key by default means that it
isn't recommended (and I've never used it in 10 years of using emacs!)
- just use Ctrl-X Ctrl-C as Richard Stallman intended ;-)