multi-core software

John Thingstad jpthing at online.no
Sat Jun 6 16:47:32 EDT 2009

På Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:46:51 +0200, skrev George Neuner
<gneuner2 at comcast.net>:

> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:26:37 -0700, Roedy Green
>
> Add to that the fact that programmers have shown themselves, on
> average, to be remarkably bad at figuring out what _should_ be done in
> parallel - as opposed to what _can_ be done - and you've got a clear
> indicator that threads, as we know them, are not scalable except under
> a limited set of conditions.
>
> George

I find the dataflow model of concurrency on Oz to be interesting and to
address many of the issues you just mentioned.
See in particular: 'Dataflow variables and declarative concurrency' and
onward.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oz_(programming_language)