What is the actual type of "interrupted system call"?

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Jun 9 14:54:32 EDT 2009

mrstevegross wrote:
> I'm trying to write a try/catch block to handle an "interrupted system
> call". However, I can't seem to locate information on the actual
> typename of the exception. Does anyone know what it would be? I want
> my code to look like this:
>
> try:
> except InterruptedSystemCall # what's the right name?
>

> Thanks,
> --Steve

pick up your choice:

exceptions.ArithmeticError exceptions.OSError
exceptions.UnicodeTranslateError
exceptions.AssertionError exceptions.OverflowError exceptions.UserWarning
exceptions.AttributeError exceptions.OverflowWarning exceptions.ValueError
exceptions.DeprecationWarning exceptions.PendingDeprecationWarning
exceptions.Warning
exceptions.EOFError exceptions.ReferenceError exceptions.ZeroDivisionError
exceptions.EnvironmentError exceptions.RuntimeError exceptions.__class__
exceptions.Exception exceptions.RuntimeWarning exceptions.__delattr__
exceptions.FloatingPointError exceptions.StandardError exceptions.__dict__
exceptions.FutureWarning exceptions.StopIteration exceptions.__doc__
exceptions.IOError exceptions.SyntaxError exceptions.__getattribute__
exceptions.ImportError exceptions.SyntaxWarning exceptions.__hash__
exceptions.IndentationError exceptions.SystemError exceptions.__init__
exceptions.IndexError exceptions.SystemExit exceptions.__name__
exceptions.KeyError exceptions.TabError exceptions.__new__
exceptions.KeyboardInterrupt exceptions.TypeError exceptions.__reduce__
exceptions.LookupError exceptions.UnboundLocalError exceptions.__reduce_ex__
exceptions.MemoryError exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError exceptions.__repr__
exceptions.NameError exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError exceptions.__setattr__
exceptions.NotImplementedError exceptions.UnicodeError exceptions.__str__

CTRL+C (SIG_INT) is KeyboardInterrupt

Jean-Michel