OT: Periodic table gets a new element

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 11 09:46:03 EDT 2009

MRAB wrote:

> Element 112 is to be named. Do you think we could persuade the
> scientists to name it "Pythonium"? :-)

What did Python do to deserve this?  I think 'Hofmannium' is a more
appropriate name ;-)

On the other hand, if the scientists used Python on their equipment with
which they discovered the new element, the name 'Pythonium' is of course
totally acceptable.

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across