simple GUI for my application?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:58:12 EDT 2009

On Jun 16, 9:20 am, Filipe Teixeira <shuan... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm really struggling to find the best GUI to make a simple
> application.
>
> I'm doing a program to load all the ini files in the current folder,
> or the folder that the user chooses and list the specifics entries in
> it.
>
> So, the program would be like this:
>
> Som tabs here like:
> ( Load | Edit | Options)
>
> In the [ Load ] tab:
> A folder tree in the left, and two labels or edit boxes showing some
> specific entries in the ini file.
>
> In the [ Edit ] tab:
> really straight-forward, Edit boxes of the entries so the user can
> edit
>
> in the [ options ] tab:
> More edits to specifie the default folder, etc.
>
> Basically I will use a lot of edit boxes and some tabs, and a folder
> tree, any tips so I can search in the right place?

wxPython has all the widgets you've described built into it. They also
have a very helpful mailing list. However, you should try the various
toolkits and see which one makes the most sense to you.

When I was first looking at GUIs, I tried Tkinter first. But it just
couldn't replicate the stupid UIs I needed to reimplement, so I went
with wxPython. I've heard good things about pyQT. If you want the
ultimate look-and-feel for Windows, you should go with IronPython.

- Mike