Executing a python script while it is running

Zach Hobesh hobesh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:42:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Chris Rebert<clp2 at rebertia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM, <hobesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Dave,
>>
>> Thanks for the helpful responses.
>>
>>> Option 2 is what you get by default.  Naturally it depends on what the
>>> application  is using to launch the batch file, but the most common cases
>>> will launch a separate process.
>>
>> The app ended up delaying starting the second batch file until it finished
>> the first. I had the app trigger an infinite loop on completion, and sent
>> two files through at the same time. The second file finished seconds after
>> the first, but the batch file didn't trigger until I closed the first one.
>
> Are you sure you aren't unknowingly having the app wait on the first
> batch file process until it terminates? How exactly are you launching
> the batch files?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> --
> http://blog.rebertia.com

Hey Chris,

I actually think that's what's happening, which is fine in my case
(for now anyway) as I just need them all to complete, we don't need
them running at the same time.  I'm using a job management system, and
they have the option of triggering a command line after completing a
job.

A better/safer solution might be spawning another job and re-inserting
to the jms queue.

Thanks again,

Zach