UDP queue size

Wed Jun 17 09:50:37 EDT 2009

找尋自己的一片天 wrote:
> I got a problem about UDP.
>
> How do I get the UDP buffer size?
>
> When the server had some delay in handling incoming UDP, it will lost
> some package. I wonder it's because the system buffer size, is there any
> ways to find the exactly size of the buffer?

UDP is defined as "best effort then give up," so _everything_ that
handles a UDP packet is allowed to drop it; that means switchers,
routers, ..., anything along the path to the target application.
So, you cannot expect to do any better than a conservative guess,
perhaps augmented by dynamic scaling.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org