first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Wed Jun 17 10:12:14 EDT 2009

On Jun 17, 12:29 am, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell... at dcuktec.org>
wrote:
> edexter wrote:
> > On Jun 16, 12:27 pm, Stef Mientki <stef.mien... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> hello,
>
> >> I am pleased to announce the first full alpha release of PyLab_Works, v0.3.
>
> >> PyLab_Works is a modular Visual Development Environment, based on
> >> data-flow programming technics. PyLab_Works is specially aimed at
> >> Education, Engineering and Science. The ideas behind PyLab_Works are,
> >> that the final user should not be burdened with programming details and
> >> domain details, whereas the domain expert should be able to implement
> >> the specific  domain knowledge without being a full educated programmer.
>
> >> You can always find my notes on PyLab_Works on
> >>    http://pic.flappie.nl
> >> Most of these pages are also collected in a single pdf document, which
> >> can be found here:
> >>  http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf
>
> >> The source code and a one-button-Windows-Installer can be found on
> >> codegoogle:
> >>  http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/
> >> The files are rather large, because they contain some data samples.
> >> The Windows-Installer contains everything you need to get started with
> >> PyLab_Works: ConfigObj, gprof2dot, HTTPlib, MatPlotLib, Numpy, Pickle,
> >> Psyco, pyclbr, PyGame, PyLab_Works, PyODBC, Python, RLCompleter, Scipy,
> >> Sendkeys, SQLite3, SQLObject, URLparse, wave, Visual, win32*, wxPython.
> >> Although the PyLab_Works programs are compiled with Py2Exe, all the
> >> source files are explicitly included.
>
> >> have fun,
> >> Stef Mientki
>
> > program didn't start because .dll is missing (sorry I don't have the
> > name)...  I don't know if that is just an issue with the installer
> > with vista or not (missing msv something 71. dll)
>
> You probably mean the microsoft visual C++ runtime (msvcr71.dll),
> windows vista has a brand new way (via manifest files) to make it more
> difficult to install compiled binaries.
>
> Search for 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package' and
> install it.
>
> --
> MPHhttp://blog.dcuktec.comm
> 'If consumed, best digested with added seasoning to own preference.'

it says I am missing msvcp71.dll installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Redistributable Package
 did not help..  I had simular problems
 with alot of installers I had saved (from installing on xp) but when
I grabbed newer installers
they all worked, could be the manifast....  I was looking forward to
trying it out..