Good books in computer science?

Asun Friere afriere at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 02:21:06 EDT 2009

On Jun 15, 1:00 am, rustom <rustompm... at gmail.com> wrote:

> For every one Horowitz there are a thousand wannbes thumping on the
> piano trying to become Horowitz.
> The traction that practice gives is maximal only in the beginning.

Funny but I was watching an interview/conversation between and older
composer and a young up and coming WFCP (World Famous Concert Pianist)
the other day.  The composer had been teaching the pianist to
understand the works he was playing ... anyway, the old guy remarked
that when he was younger he wanted to be a WFCP too, but that he
lacked a crucial ability that the young star had.  What was it? "I
lack the ability to make myself practise as well and for as long as
you do."