GUI(eclipse+pydev/SPE) freeze when doing python auto-completion under Linux

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:32:55 EDT 2009

> yes, the same problem even on an empty program. every file has the same
> problem.
>
> for example, if I new a file and input the following:
> import os
> os.
> after I input '.', it will pop up the window, and i can select the function
> of os module or continue input. but after that, no action can be taken for
> this file unless I switch to other files and then switch back.

If it's in pydev, there's probably some problem in your interpreter
configuration (when you do os. it'll spawn a shell to gather the
completions -- but that should be pretty quick unless you have some
firewall that's preventing the communication or the spawn didn't go
well -- check your error log to see if you have any errors... In linux
I've seen some problems when connecting to 127.0.0.1 while having ipv6
enabled or in a network card misconfiguration that could cause
problems too).

Cheers,

Fabio