persistent composites

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 20 19:36:33 EDT 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:56:04 +0100, Aaron Brady <castironpi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is a welcome digression for me.  I wasn't sure that my idea was
> being taken seriously.  On a temperature scale from freezing to
> boiling, I took Rhodri's message to be somewhere in the single
> digits-- quite chilly.

Correctly, though apparently for the wrong reason.  I know get what
you're trying to do, despite you consistently refusing to present
a use case.

>  Maybe if it hadn't made me feel so defensive,
> I could've just said so.  But, judging from his reply, he got the
> message.

I'm wondering whether you did, though.  Aahz's later point that you
need to work on your presentation skills is not something you should
dismiss out of hand as you appear to.  Your original post read very
much like "here's some code, please tell me I'm brilliant and should
carry on."  Whether or not you are brilliant, that doesn't go down
well.  When you're trying to generate interest in something, actively
generating disinterest like that isn't going to help.