Meta question: disappearing posts (was Re: calculating a self.value, self.randomnum = normalvariate(x, y))

Ross Ridge rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 22 09:36:52 EDT 2009

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>As stated previously, my suspicion is that at least some is caused by a
>problem with MIME messages and the mail->news gateway on python.org.

I'm not sure what MIME would have to do with it, but Piet van Oostrum's
problem is almost certainly as result of the python.org mail to news
gateway mangling the References header.  The missing postings he's looking
for don't actually exist.  Just go up the thread one more posting and
you'll find the message that was being replied to.

					Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]  rridge at csclub.uwaterloo.ca