wikipedia with python

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 03:38:17 EDT 2009

ZeLegolas wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:23:59 +0200, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:58 PM, zelegolas<zelegolas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Let me know if it's the right place to ask.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for wiki writen with python where I can import all
>>> wikipedia site.
>>> If you have any links please let me know.
>> I don't think that's possible. If you wnat to import Wikipedia in a
>> wiki, it will probably have to be MediaWiki - and that's written in
>> PHP.
>>
>> What do you want to use the material for?
>
> Well sorry I was not clear. I have a wiki running with mediawiki and I want
> to import in a wiki written with python.

Is there anything insufficient in mediawiki, that you think could be
satisfied with a python-based wiki? MediaWiki is one of the best wiki
software around, so any features not found in MediaWiki or its plugins
isn't likely to be available in another wiki (unless "written in a
language I know" is considered a feature).