looking for a book on python

OdarR Olivier.Darge at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 04:16:06 EDT 2009

On 27 juin, 02:48, Randy Foiles <ab... at 127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Hello and thank you for taking your time to read this.
>         I was interested in learning about python.  In the long ago past I did
> learn some programing but I have not used any of it for years.  I do
> remember some basics however so the book does not have to be for a total
> beginner.  (C, C++, BASIC, Visual BASIC, Pascal and some ADA)
>         I have been using Linux for a while and overall still don't know much
> about it but I can find my way.  I have my system dual boot with windows
> vista.
>         I do realize that everyone is different but I would like to see some
> suggestions and maybe reasons why you think it is good.  I have looked
> for/searched and found a few different books but as my means are a bit
> limited right now I don't really want to buy several just one or maybe
> two books.
>         Oh and if someone knows a place to find some used books of this sort
> that would be great (ebay I guess :)
> Thanks for your thoughts
> Randy theslayers9   gmail

"Learning Python"
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596513986/

new issue soon, covering 2.6 and 3
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158064/?CMP=AFC-ak_book&ATT=Learning+Python%2c+Fourth+Edition%2c

the best book I read concerning Py understanding, well written.

I would start with web content, then later would buy the fourth
edition of "Learning Python".

enjoy,
Olivier