os module

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Mon Mar 2 03:47:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:43 AM, M Kumar <tomanishkb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for quick and kind reply, but the python program runs on the server,
> sys.platform is linux only. What I want is I need to get a module, which
> shud be exactly same as if I import os module on the client machine

Um, you're not phrasing your request very clearly, so perhaps I'm not
understanding what you're looking for, but I can tell you that
sys.platform is certainly not Linux-only. If you'll read the docs I
pointed you to, you'll see a table:
System 	platform value
Windows 	'win32'
<other entries snipped>