pexpect on solaris 10

Chris Pella skipaddle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:37:20 EST 2009

Has anybody had success getting pexpect to work well on solaris 10
(x86)? I am trying to do some test automation which involves
controlling some other processes. Soon after I spawn the process I am
trying to control a message comes up on stdout telling me that a tty
has been closed.
If there is something peculiar with the solaris pty than I may be
better off just using plain old expect and controlling it from python
because I don't have a lot of time to go on a fishing expedition.  I
was hoping to be able to use the same code on various linux
distros,solaris,AIX, and HP-UX.
If anybody has had success on solaris 10 with pexpect I'd be grateful
to hear about it.

Thanks,
Chris