Packaging modules with Bundlebuilder

DLitgo ssj4_dave at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:52:19 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm curious about creating .app files for the mac using bundlebuilder
(or py2app or even py2exe). I'm just about done creating a GUI for a
little set of scripts which basically perform batch image editing.

If I send this app to friends and family will they be able to use it?
Or would they have to download PIL (which the app uses). I guess what
I'm asking, does PIL get bundled into the app? I obviously wouldn't
want them to have to download anything as that would be embarrassing
to me :D