geospatial python and how to convert multilinestrings to kml

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at
Wed Mar 4 11:10:54 CET 2009

Danny Shevitz wrote:
> Howdy,
> I need to do some geospatial work and am a complete newbie at this. I have
> access to a PostGIS database and there are lots of MultiLineString objects.
> I want to run a python algorithm that determines a group of these MultiLineString
> objects and creates a KML file of the results.
> Is there a pythonic way (some existing module) to convert PostGIS
> MultiLineStrings to a KML file format?

Note that that page says the Python bindings aren't well documented.

You might also find FWTools ( useful.

E-mail: andymac at  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at             (alt) |        Belconnen ACT 2616
Web:               |        Australia