Problem with py2exe conversion.

venutaurus539 at gmail.com venutaurus539 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:38:35 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 6:23 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:12:32 -0200, venutaurus... at gmail.com
> <venutaurus... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > Hello all,
> >             I am facing an interesting problem with py2exe conversion.
> > I've a python script which uses the shutil libarary. When I convert
> > that python script into exe, it creates a dist folder and then in that
> > it places the exe. Along with the exe it also places a zip folder
> > containing pre compiled python scripts( library.zip).I have two
> > Win2003 machines.On one machine when I genreate the exe that zip file
> > also contains this shutil.pyc, but when I build the same python script
> > on the second machine, that shutli.pyc is missing in that zip file as
> > a result fo which I am unable to use that library on the second
> > machine. When I use it, it throws an error:
>
> > ImportError: No module named shutil
>
> > Can some one please suggest me a solution for this.
>
> Are you sure it's the same script? The same setup.py? The same py2exe
> version? Aren't you sharing the same directory for several projects?
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Thanks for the reply.. 1. It is the same script. Moreover even if the
scripts change, if my script uses that module, shouldn't it be there
in that zip. 2. I've used the same installer on the second machine
too. 3. No, am not sharing the directory.
         Another observation I made is, if I copy the library.zip file
from the first machine to the second machine, these script runs
without any exception. But I can't every time copy the zip.:-(

Thank you once again,
Venu Madhav.