Pickle Problem

Fab86 fabien.hall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:14:48 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 1:40 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:11:30 -0200, Fab86 <fabien.h... at gmail.com> escribió:

> >> yahoo.search.SearchError, or

> >> It's defined in the module you imported to get the search functionality.
>
> > I imported:
> > from yahoo.search.web import WebSearch
>
> > However there is nothing re SearchError in that doc or in the .py.
>
> > I can only find a reference to SearchError in the __init__ file as a
> > class called SearchError
>
> The __init__.py indicates a package
> <http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages>
> You didn't tell the package name (the name of the directory containing
> __init__.py) so this is somewhat generic. If the package name is foo, use:
>  from foo import SearchError
> If foo is a subpackage under bar, use:
>  from bar.foo import SearchError
>
> It *might* be:
>  from yahoo.search.web import WebSearch
> or perhaps:
>  from yahoo.search import WebSearch
>
> You can enter those lines in the interactive interpreter to discover the
> right form. (This really ought to have been documented)
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Ok, I managed to import the correct error class (was in a non expected
place)

Just as I thought I was finished, I encountered a final problem. I am
running a while loop which is constantly adding search results to a
file, like this (print >> f, res.total_results_available). I have put
an exception in that if it times out, it simply tries again until its
finished. The problem is that the loop re-write all new results
continuing on from the previous searches. I would like to somehow
delete all in that file and start again.

I thought this could simply be achieved by putting f.close() in the
exception and then it re-writes it however I am getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/csunix/scs5fjnh/FYProj/Python/pYsearch-3.1/test9.py",
line 17, in <module>
    print >> f, res.total_results_available
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Is there another way rather than closing the file? Is it possible to
delete all within the file?

Thanks