Can't override class |__new__

jelle feringa jelleferinga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:40:30 EST 2009

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

> Regardless of CGAL's dictionary, it instantiates a Facet.

True, when I add attributes to it, they are disregarded when looping
through the facets later on.

> Depending on the details, you may need only to cut-and-paste your own
> 'make_triangle' function, and just replace the line I showed.

Ok, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.
I suppose there is no way to fix this on the interpreter level...
Thanks so much for your help in finding this bug!

> Do you have a link to the source for CGAL?

In fact I'm using the python wrappers of CGAL.
Here's a link to the Polyhedron module.
In fact, I can add methods and attributes to this class, just the Facet instances
do not behave as expected.

https://gforge.inria.fr/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/cgal-
python/bindings/Polyhedron/Py_Polyhedron_3.cpp?rev=167&root
=cgal-python&view=markup

Again, thanks for you help,

-jelle