Response codes and \r\n

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 5 05:57:38 EST 2009

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:37:49 +0000, Catherine Heathcote wrote:

> I am reading an XML file (code at the end if it helps) and all goes well
> except I am getting the http response code printed. So everything (hat
> works of course) has "200 OK" on the first line. Am I missing some
> simple  way of surprising this, or should I just delete the 1st line
> before playing with the content?

Is this line actually part of `data`!?  I would guess it is printed in
line 22, so it is not part of `data` and there is no need to delete it.

> Also everything I get has "\r\n" in it, which atm I am getting rid of
> with strip(), is that the best way?

At which point do you get rid of it and why?

BTW the last line of the code snippet needs parenthesis to actually
*call* the `conn.close` method.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch