How to access a containing objects properties from an object inside.

nuwandame nuwandame at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:44:12 EST 2009

I have two objects obj1 and obj2. Inside obj1 there is an attribute for
success (obj1.success) and for containing other objects (obj1.data)

I am using setattr() to add obj2 as an attribute to obj1.data
(obj1.data.obj2) this is working fine.

My problem is when someone changes a variable in obj2 instance after it
is added to obj1 e.g.

obj1.data.obj2.success = False

I am trying to figure out how to locate and access obj1.success when
obj2.success has changed.

Any assistance, pointers, ideas are much appreciated.

JJ