Python3 on the Web

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Thu Mar 5 12:25:12 EST 2009

Johannes Permoser a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to learn Python from scratch and start off with Version 3.
> Since I already know PHP very well, I thought it would be nice to start
> off with a small web-project.
>
> But what's the way to bring python3 to the Web?
> mod_python isn't available, cgi is said to be slow,

This comes from the CGI architecture by itself (IOW: it's totally
unrelated to the language used).

> mod_wsgi looks
> complicated...

It isn't, really - at least if you have enough knowledge of the HTTP
protocol, webservers and Python !-)

> What would you suggest?

If what you want is to learn *Python*, start with CGI (it'll teach you a
lot about text processing and even possibily about web programming too)
- but be prepared to find CGI *very* low-level compared to PHP.

Else, forget about Python 3, and try some of the nice frameworks like
Django, Pylons, web.py etc...