While loop

Fab86 fabien.hall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:49:44 EST 2009

On Mar 5, 5:23 pm, Marco Mariani <ma... at sferacarta.com> wrote:
> Fab86 wrote:
> > Is it possible to get the program to catch the exception, wait 10
> > seconds, then carry of from where it was rather than starting again?
>
> something like this? probably works in PASCAL as well :)
>
> > i=0
> > while i < len(stuff):
> >    try:
> >       do_with(stuff[i])
> >    except SomeError:
> >       sleep(10)
> >       continue
> >    i+=1

using sleep and then continue just makes the search start from the
first search term like before.. Would it be easier to understand if I
posted sections of my code?

i = 0
k = open('blah', 'w')
domains = ["au", "ca", "nl", "be", "...]
srch = WebSearch(app_id=YahooKey)

while i<200:
    try:
        for domain in domains:
            srch.query = "test site:.%s" % domain
            res = srch.parse_results()
            print >> k, res.total_results_available
            i = i + 1

    except SearchError:

(I currently close then reopen document here then restart i to 0)

Any ideas?