Sphinx for API documentation

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Thu Mar 5 15:30:10 EST 2009

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Paul Hildebrandt <paul_hildebrandt <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>> I really like the look of Sphinx BUT I want autogenerated
>> documentation like Epydoc/doxygen.  Does anyone know of a frontend for
>> Sphix that will make it work like Epydoc?
>
> There's a Sphinx extension called autodoc which should help you.

i am only vaguely remembering here, but iirc that helps you generate
something rather like python's own documentation for classes.  it's
nothing like as complete as epydoc.  i was in the same situation and ended
up using both.  you can link back + forth without too much bother.  it's a
bit of an aesthetic shock (to put it politely) going from sphinx to
epydoc, but it's a lot more useful for someone who wants to see source
etc.

andrew