how to prevent python import from looking into the current directory

TP Tribulations at Paralleles.invalid
Fri Mar 6 04:33:34 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

I would like to prevent the loading of modules in the current directory.
For example, if I have a personal module in the current directory
named "os", when I do "import os", I would like Python to import os
standard module, not my personal module of the current directory.
Is this possible?

Thanks
--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.\
9&1+,\'Z4(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)