Can Python do shopping cart?

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Fri Mar 6 08:10:29 EST 2009

Tim Wintle wrote:

>>> Python is Turing Complete
>> Well, actually no, because it doesn't support an infinite amount of memory.
>
> Surely you can address an infinite amount of storage using infinite
> length integers and a wrapper to files on disk - then it's just your
> OS's limits that hold it back - so python is turing/register complete.

Oh, but you would eventually need to pass those integers around
somewhere in RAM. Even counting (referencing) an infinite amount of
items leads to infinitely long indexes. And counting the indexes as well.
But I propose to stop here, we're way off-topic and I have to write a
shopping cart application in Malbolge.