how to prevent python import from looking into the current directory

TP Tribulations at Paralleles.invalid
Fri Mar 6 16:47:34 EST 2009

Benjamin Peterson wrote:

> While the solutions given by others in this thread will work, I think it
> is best policy to not name your own modules after stdlib ones. When I see
> "os" referenced in code, I assume it is the stdlib one, and don't want to
> be confused by the presence of your own module.

Yes, I have finally chosen this alternative: things are much simpler like
this.
Thanks

--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.\
9&1+,\'Z4(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)