Should I use stackless python or threads?

Minesh Patel minesh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:35:29 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:50:51 -0800, Minesh Patel <minesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to figure out the best approach to solve this problem:
>>
>> I want to poll various directories(can be run in the main thread).
>> Once I notice a file has been added to any directory, I grab a lock,
>> spawn a thread to go perform the necessary actions, and then release
>> the lock.
>
> That's not a description of a problem.  That's a description of a potential
> solution.  What problem are you trying to solve?

I have a build system that is outputting various forms of
installations in a particular directory structure, e.g. /pxe-installs,
/iso-install, /dd-installs, etc...

I need to monitor each directory for the latest install, take it and
go perform some tests on a specific machine. I would like these
testing tasks to run concurrently for the obvious reasons.

Thanks again for the help,
Minesh